Your Gateway to Capitol Reef National Park
Much More Than an RV Park
At Thousand Lakes RV Park, you will enjoy views of red rock mountains and sagebrush covered plateaus from every site. Just 6 miles from Capitol Reef National Park, we are convenient to Capital Reef, Escalante National byway, Grand Staircase Escalante, Goblin Valley, and Bryce Canyon .
Hiking, fishing, mountain biking, 4-wheel-drive back road excursions and leisurely drives are all just minutes away. Because our area is not as well known as other Southern Utah destinations, you won’t find crowds, even in peak season.
- Must see gift shop – Unique gift shop
- 4-Wheel Drive Jeep Rentals
- Torrey Grill and BBQ
- Hot Coffee and Home-made Muffins
- Propane exchange
- RV Supplies
- Grills and Fire Rings
- Picnic Tables at every site
- Pool(Opens first week of May)
- Dump Station
- Clubs and Groups Welcome!
- 22 Acres
- Elevation 6800 feet
- Outstanding Red Rock Views from every site!
- Basketball court
- Laundry and showers
- We loved this park. It’s in a gorgeous location and is nicely isolated. Nice views in every direction. Everything is nicely maintained. The staff were super friendly. We also enjoyed the delicious home-made muffins available every morning. We will absolutely stay here again if we’re ever in the area.
– RV Park Reviews
- The gift shop should not be missed for its great Navajo and other unusual jewelry. The owner had just returned from her trip out buying the jewelry so the pickings’ were great. Cheaper than the other shops on the Main Street of Torrey.
- Nice, clean park on the west side of Torrey. It’s 15 minutes to Capitol Reef Park. Has friendly staff, nice store with gifts, snacks, and supplies. The pull-through sites were on gravel, and well spaced.
RV Park Reviews
- We have stayed here many times while exploring the Burr Trail. We usually rent one of the basic cabins. The staff here is always helpful and friendly. I always have a blast in Torrey and Thousand Lakes is a great place to stay. Plus its close to Cafe Diablo, a walk down the highway. Great food near by and beautiful surroundings make Thousand Lakes my favorite place to visit.